Bandits kidnap ten residents of Zamfara and demand a N50 million ransom.



 On Wednesday night, bandits stormed the Moriki community in Zamfara State, abducted around ten residents, and demanded a ransom of N50 million.


The event was confirmed by Zamfara Police Spokesman ASP Yazid Abubakar, who also assured that the Commissioner of Police had ordered the officers to move quickly to save the victims.

On Thursday, a member of the Moriki hamlet told the BBC Hausa Service that the robbers were causing trouble in the area and had previously abducted other locals.

The criminals said that the community commander had murdered their cows. They assaulted the neighborhood, selecting residents from house to home, and set today as the deadline for us to deliver the N50 million, the man claimed.


He stated that the bandits frequently invaded the town to abduct people and hold them captive until a ransom was paid whenever they needed money.

They recently raised N20 million from neighbors to grant the people access to their crops. He declared, "The community is not secure at all.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post